Saka Wikipédia Jawa, bauwarna bébas abasa Jawa
|Pratélan latar wuri|
|Jeneng lair||Louis Armstrong|
|Génre||Dixieland, jazz, swing, pop tradhisional|
|Piranti||Trompèt, cornet, vokal|
|Mangsa akarya||c. 1914–71|
|Sing magepokan||Joe "King" Oliver, Ella Fitzgerald, Kid Ory, Bobby Hackett|
Louis Armstrong (lair 4 Agustus 1901 – pati 6 Juli 1971 ing yuswa 69 taun), kanthi julukan Satchmo utawa Pops, iku sawijining pamain trompèt jazz kabangsan Amerika Serikat lan penyanyi saka New Orleans, Louisiana.
Cathetan[besut | besut sumber]
- He preferred that his name be pronounced Louie. "It's like Louis Armstrong - he spelled his name Louis, but he liked it to be said as Louie," recalls Louie Bellson . Armstrong was registered as "Lewie" for the 1920 U.S. Census. On various live records he's called "Louie" on stage, such as on the 1952 "Can Anyone Explain?" from the live album In Scandinavia vol.1. It should also be noted that "Lewie" is the French pronunciation of "Louis" and is commonly used in Louisiana. However, when referring to himself in "Hello Dolly!," he pronounces his name as "Lewis" ("Hello, Dolly. This is Lewis, Dolly"), pronouncing the 's'.
- Armstrong said he was not sure exactly when he was born, but celebrated his birthday on July 4. He usually gave the year as 1900 when speaking in public (although he used 1901 on his Social Security and other papers filed with the government). Using Roman Catholic Church documents from when his grandmother took him to be baptized, New Orleans music researcher Tad Jones established Armstrong's actual date of birth as August 4, 1901. With various other collaborative evidence, this date is now accepted by Armstrong scholars. See also age fabrication Armstrong had no middle name, but a 1949 Time magazine profile gave him the middle name of Daniel. The census and baptismal records confirm he had no middle name.
- For "satchel-mouth."
Pranala njaba[besut | besut sumber]
|Wikimedia Commons duwé médhia ngenani Louis Armstrong.|
|Wikicuplik duwé cuplikan ngenani: Louis Armstrong|
- louis-armstrong.net - Sony BMG Music Entertainment
- Louis Armstrong by Nat Hentoff
- Obituary, NY Times
- Quotes and tributes
- Filmography @ imdb.com
- The Louis Armstrong Society Jazz Band
- Louis Armstrong: A Life in Music - slideshow by Life magazine
- Seeing Black jazz critic on the Uncle Tom question
- the official website of the Louis Armstrong House & Archives
- "Louis Armstrong Transcription Project - john p birchall"
- Louis Armstrong at pbskids.org
- David Margolick, The Day Louis Armstrong Made Noise
- Smithsonian Louis Armstrong: A Cultural Legacy
- Louis Armstrong Memorial at Find A Grave
- Louis Armstrong at NPR Music
- Louis Armstrong: discography and early recordings (Real Player format) on the Red Hot Jazz website.
- Milestone Louis Armstrong recordings at Three Perfect Minutes
- Louis Armstrong's autobiography online book
- Karya déning utawi ngenani Louis Armstrong ing perpustakaan (katalog WorldCat)