Arise Oh Compatriots Nigerias Call Obey
Tèks[sunting | Owah sumber]
"Arise, O Compatriots" (1978-saiki)
- Arise, O compatriots,
- Nigeria's call obey
- To serve our Fatherland
- With love and strength and faith.
- The labour of our heroes past
- Shall never be in vain,
- To serve with heart and might
- One nation bound in freedom, peace and unity.
- O God of creation,
- Direct our noble cause;
- Guide our Leaders right:
- Help our Youth the truth to know,
- In love and honesty to grow,
- And living just and true,
- Great lofty heights attain,
- To build a nation where peace and justice reign.
"Nigeria We Hail Thee" (1960-1978)
- Nigeria we hail thee,
- Our own dear native land,
- Though tribe and tongue may differ,
- In brotherhood we stand,
- Nigerians all, and proud to serve
- Our sovereign Motherland.
- Our flag shall be a symbol
- That truth and justice reign,
- In peace or battle honour'd,
- And this we count as gain,
- To hand on to our children
- A banner without stain.
- O God of all creation,
- Grant this our one request,
- Help us to build a nation
- Where no man is oppressed,
- And so with peace and plenty
- Nigeria may be blessed.
"Land of the Rising Sun" (Biafra's anthem 1967-1970)
- Land of the rising sun, we love and cherish,
- Beloved homeland of our brave heroes;
- We must defend our lives or we shall perish,
- We shall protect our hearts from all our foes;
- But if the price is death for all we hold dear,
- Then let us die without a shred of fear.
- Hail to Biafra, consecrated nation,
- Oh fatherland, this be our solemn pledge:
- Defending thee shall be a dedication,
- Spilling our blood we’ll count a privilege;
- The waving standard which emboldens the free
- Shall always be our flag of liberty.
- We shall emerge triumphant from this ordeal,
- And through the crucible unscathed we’ll pass;
- When we are poised the wounds of battle to heal,
- We shall remember those who died in mass;
- Then shall our trumpets peal the glorious song
- Of victory we scored o’er might and wrong.
- Oh God, protect us from the hidden pitfall,
- Guide all our movements lest we go astray;
- Give us the strength to heed the humanist call:
- ‘To give and not to count the cost" each day;
- Bless those who rule to serve with resoluteness,
- To make this clime a land of righteousness
Alihbasa[sunting | Owah sumber]
Pranala njaba[sunting | Owah sumber]