Wikidata weekly summary #438[besut sumber]
Here's your quick overview of what has been happening around Wikidata over the last week.
- Tool of the week
- Prepbio tool uses Wikidata to create the beginnings of a Wikipedia stub biography article. (2020-10-19)
- Did you know?
- Newest properties:
- New property proposals to review:
- General datatypes: Unicode name, branch or affiliate, economy of topic, checkin and checkout times (v.2), maximum current, Skipsrevyen ID, route operated, power plant unit, annual average daily traffic, Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Tasking Manager project ID, isotopically modified form of, Numérisé par
- External identifiers: Kramerius of Moravian Library UUID, Hungarian Water Polo Federation player ID, Irish Statute Book ID, Mir@bel publisher ID, CCFr library ID, Decorati onorificenze repubblica, BHL name ID, AWMDB person ID, AVN person ID, American Heritage ID, xHamster ID, Great Places ID, Famepedia ID, Nachlässe in Austria, Archivio Storico Ricordi opera ID, PAN member, DC Historic Sites ID, Literary Encyclopedia (1929-1939), Concise Literary Encyclopedia, aagm people ID, aagm sites ID, Yandex Zen ID, GeoGuessr ID, Polski Słownik Judaistyczny ID, SMB-digital ID, identifiant station Vélib' Métropole
- Query examples:
- Blocked users trying to create new Items no longer make us skip QIDs (phab:T232620)
- So far we don't have JSON dumps for Lexemes. We're working on regularly generating them as well now (phab:T264883)
- Continuing work on getting the Query Builder to generate the first query. Almost there.
- Started the feedback round for the REST API. Please provide your input if you are currently using the action API or plan to develop against Wikidata's API in the future.
You can see all open tickets related to Wikidata here. If you want to help, you can also have a look at the tasks needing a volunteer.
19 Oktober 2020 16.31 (UTC)
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
Changes later this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 20 October. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 21 October. It will be on all wikis from 22 October (calendar).
- You will be able to read but not to edit the wikis for up to an hour on 27 October around 14:00 (UTC). It will probably be shorter than an hour. 
- In the AbuseFilter extension, the
rmspecials() function will be updated soon so that it does not remove the "space" character. Wikis are advised to wrap all the uses of
rmwhitespace() wherever necessary to keep filters' behavior unchanged. You can use the search function on Special:AbuseFilter to locate its usage. 
- Some gadgets and user-scripts use the HTML div with the ID
#jump-to-nav. This div will be removed soon. Maintainers should replace these uses with either
#mw-content-text. A list of affected scripts is at the top of phab:T265373.
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.
Important: maintenance operation on October 27[besut sumber]
-- Trizek (WMF) (talk) 21 Oktober 2020 17.10 (UTC)
Read this message in another language • Please help translate to your language
The Wikimedia Foundation tests the switch between its first and secondary data centers. This will make sure that Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to do a planned test. This test will show if they can reliably switch from one data centre to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
They will switch all traffic back to the primary data center on Tuesday, October 27 2020.
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop while the switch is made. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.
- You will not be able to edit for up to an hour on Tuesday, October 27. The test will start at 14:00 UTC (14:00 WET, 15:00 CET, 10:00 EDT, 19:30 IST, 07:00 PDT, 23:00 JST, and in New Zealand at 03:00 NZDT on Wednesday October 28).
- If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
- Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped. Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
- There will be code freezes for the week of October 26, 2020. Non-essential code deployments will not happen.
This project may be postponed if necessary. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org
. Any changes will be announced in the schedule. There will be more notifications about this. A banner will be displayed on all wikis 30 minutes before this operation happens. Please share this information with your community.