Loncat ke navigasi Loncat ke pencarian
Cathethan[besut | besut sumber]
- The French rhotic /ʁ/ is usually uvular, but it varies by region. For example, in Québec both [r] and [ʀ] are used, depending on both region and age.
- In European French, Cithakan:IPAslink is often pronounced [ŋɡ], but in Québec, it is merged with /ɲ/.
- Often replaced by [ʁ].
- Nasal vowels are lengthened before any consonant, but oral vowels are lengthened before [v, ʁ, z, ʒ].
- In Parisian French, /œ̃/ is usually merged with /ɛ̃/, /ɑ/ with /a/ and /ɛː/ with /ɛ/. The pairs may be distinguished in Belgian, Swiss and Canadian French and in some regions of France or among older speakers.
- The stress falls on the last full syllable of a phrase except in emphatic speech.
- The syllable break ⟨.⟩ is used sparingly.